Hen contemplating her own creation....

Sunday, April 4, 2010

XYZ Squares

This one is called XYZ Squares, which is a bit of a head scratcher, because the planes are rectangular. Hmmm.

This piece is relatively quick to make since only 6 units are required. It's super easy to get the first 4 units assembled; getting the last two is frustratingly difficult. Instructions for this piece can be found at:

http://www.davidpetty.me.uk/origamiemporium/ow_xyza.htm

This piece was invented by Francis Ow of Singapore. (He also invented the XYZ Diamonds of the previous post.) Mr. Ow has a lovely website which is definitely worth a visit, especially if you want to see the amazing number of ways you can fold origami hearts.

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~owrigami/

Finally, I must say I love Mr. Ow's motto: "Peace and harmony through origami." Can't beat that.

2 comments:

  1. I also love Mr. Ow's name. That is a statement right there. I think I should change my name to Michelle Ow. Or, even better, what about Michelle Ooo?

    Sorry...tangent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ow is an EXCELLENT last name. Just think - Mia Ow! Meeee-Ow! There's so much fun that could be had there...

    BTW, I love tangents.

    ReplyDelete