Hen contemplating her own creation....

Friday, April 9, 2010

Petal Box

I folded this little petal box as a lark between bigger modular projects. I like how using two-sided paper creates a nice contrasting ribbon detail on the sides of the box. The original instructions gave you steps to follow to make the petals into a more twisted structure that closed the top of the box, but I kind of liked just curling the edges down and leaving the box top open.

OK, I'll come clean - for the life of me I couldn't decipher the instructions to make the twisty top, so I finally gave up and just scrolled the edges down. It still looks nice, but in my mind, this simple little box still represents somewhat of a failure to me. Ah well.

If you want to take a crack at it, the instructions are in "Decorative Origami Boxes" by Rick Beech.

No comments:

Post a Comment