Hen contemplating her own creation....

Monday, April 12, 2010

Castle


My son found a book called "Origami in King Arthur's Court" at the public library and promptly became obsessed with building a castle. The book is quite well done - it teaches you how to make basic building blocks (walls, pointy tower tops, etc.) as well as more custom pieces, like drawbridges and portcullises.

My son built this castle all by himself with no help at all from me. Interestingly, my son had no interest in making the figures in the book - damsels, knights, horses, etc. - he proclaimed them "not realistic looking" and ignored them completely. He's more of a structures man, I guess.

One thing that I will suggest to my son if he tries to make anything else from this book in the future - use thicker paper. The castle here was made from very thin, standard origami paper, and as you can see, it tended to deform too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment